The Foundation of the Sierra’s Greenway was set up in early 2000 as the managing body of the railway line Jerez-Almargen, converted by the Ministry of the Environment into a Greenway. It’s constituted by the Provincial Councils of Cadiz and Seville and the Town Councils of Coripe, El Coronil, Montellano, Olvera, Pruna and Puerto Serrano; and it’s currently chaired by Mª Isabel Moreno Fernández.
PurposesWhy a Foundation?
The Foundation’s key objective is to conserve, maintain and manage the use of the Vía Verde de la Sierra, in accordance with the fundamental aims of the Green Tissue Programme:
- To maintain the public domain of the same.
- To halt deterioration once it is no longer functional.
- To promote alternative or recreational activities (hiking, cycling tourism, horseback routes, landscaping, etc.)
- To encourage economic activities in the place of origin.
- To incorporate disused infrastructure into the social facilities.
Fundación Vía Verde de la Sierra
Antigua casa del guarda de la estación. 11659 Puerto Serrano (Cádiz)
Opening. Monday to Friday. 8:30h. to 14:30h.
(+34) 956 136 372
(+34) 956 136 357