The Sierra's Greenway
Respect NatureIf you come to visit us, keep in mind these rules
- Sierra’s Greenway is destined for hiking, riding a bike and riding a horse. It is a touristic, ecological and sport route.
- Sierra’s Greenway, for their characteristics, is accessible for disabled people.
- Respect the rules and indications of Sierra’s Greenway.
- Sierra’s Greenway users can use the free services of the ‘Green Patrol’ (Patrulla Verde), guides / informants that stay along the Greenway at weekends and on holidays. In case of emergency, it is suggested to phone 112 or 061.
- Users must follow the recommendations of Sierra’s Greenway surveillance staff.
- You should also be fairly careful when you cross tunnels and viaducts. Circulate on the right and use torches in all the tunnels.
- Respect the animal, plants and all facilities along the Greenway.
- Pick up your trash and place it into containers.
- Do not pollute the water.
- Respect the bordering properties of Sierra’s Greenway; most of them are private farms, the access to them is forbidden.
- If you take an animal, keep it tied.
- Users are responsible for any damages to people, objects and equipment along the Sierra’s Greenway, as consequence of wrong behavior.
- All cyclists must wear a helmet along Sierra’s Greenway.
- Drive safely and be respectful with other users and be environmentally friendly. Don’t ride in an excessive speed.
- Respect the priority. Ride only on allowed places.
- Circulate for right hand traffic and pass on the left.
- Warn others that you are passing. Warn before your operations and rude turning operations.
- Don’t interrupt the movement of other users.
- Circulate in a row in tunnels and narrow paths.
- All motorized vehicles along Sierra’s Greenway are forbidden. Only authorized vehicles by the Foundation of the Sierra’s Greenway can pass.
- Exceed the speed of 20 km/h, not allowed.
- No grazing in the Sierra’s Greenway, and don’t use the tunnels like livestock shelter.
- No camping along the Sierra’s Greenway.
- No violence along the Sierra’s Greenway.
- Do not light fires, barbecues …, except authorized places. If you see a fire, please inform.
- All actions that don’t preserve and don’t keep a good maintenance of the Sierra’s Greenway, particularly:
- Vandal-proof, graffiti, breaks…, in route, in vegetation, in wildlife, in the path, in resting areas, in urban furniture, in the facilities and in signaling the Sierra’s Greenway.
- Discharging residues along the Sierra’s Greenway.
- Other uses not covered in the authorized uses are forbidden.